Posted on: April 1, 2020 Ludowici, a leader in terracotta roofing, claddings, sunscreen and flooring building products, is seeking a full-time estimator to assist in continuing the overall company successes and growth. This estimator role is a critical position within Ludowici. This role is responsible for providing accurate and timely material estimates for our sales team and customers while following standard company practices and procedures. Ludowici offers a collaborative, team environment where open discussions and sharing of information and expertise is encouraged. Successful candidates should have knowledge of commercial, institutional and residential construction drawings, specifications, and processes. Please visit www.ludowici.com to learn more.
- Must have primary estimates: roofing material estimates. Material estimates for flooring, wall claddings and trade good materials will also be required from time to time. Must perform component-based material takeoffs
- Must prepare material proposals for a wide variety of projects across the U.S. and occasionally for export market.
- Must be able to review plans, specifications, and designs with Sales/Project Management teams to highlight areas of concern.
- Must work with inner company Trade Goods Manager/Department to promote/manage standard trade good component pricing ensuring proposals include all materials company can offer.
- Must be able to review material takeoffs and proposals developed by others for accuracy and completeness prior to material proposal issuance.
- Maintain and update material proposal tools, forms, policies and procedures
- 2-4 years experience in an estimating role working with building materials and in the construction industry(Preferred)
- Interpersonal verbal and written skills
- Salesforce CRM and Dynamics 365 software platform (Preferred)
- Experience and proficiency in Revit and/or AutoCAD software (Preferred Bonus)
- Planswift computer estimating software (Preferred)
- Experience with steep slope roofing estimates
- Must have an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Architecture, Drafting or related technical field
- Must have the ability to read and interpret construction documents from architectural drawings, structural drawings, and related construction specifications.
- Must have experience with a computer based estimating takeoff software
- Must have strong organization skills with self-driven personality
- Must have assemble, develop and issue material bid/quote documents from information received from sales representatives, customers, roofers, distributors and bid document services in order to meet pricing/bid deadlines
- Must have Commercial/Residential construction experience in pre-construction services and/or estimating
- Must have the ability to read, interpret and navigate plans and specifications
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, with an emphasis on Excel and Word
- Must maintain and build strong relationships with current sales reps, showroom teams, material suppliers and customers by meeting quote/estimate demands and deadlines.
- Must be willing to work extra hours as required by business need
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to be strong team member
- Must develop and maintain a positive “can-do” attitude concerning the job, the estimating department, other departments and our company with both customers, sales teams and fellow employees.
- Must meet sales and customer driven deadlines for material proposals
- Must pay close attention to detail with a strong focus on accuracy
- Full time
- Health, dental, vision, 401K, paid Vacation, paid Holidays
- Multiple locations for position include: New Lexington, Ohio – Dallas, Texas – Cincinnati, Ohio
Please reply with resume and cover letter detailing relevant work experience
LUDOWICI ROOF TILE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.