National Market Manager – Wall Cladding Product Sales
Terreal North America, a leader in terra cotta wall claddings and sunscreen products, is seeking a National Market Manager for Wall Cladding Sales to assist in continuing overall company successes and growth. Terreal North America offers a collaborative, team environment where open discussions, sharing of information and expertise is encouraged. Successful candidates should have a solid knowledge of commercial and institutional construction drawings, specifications, and processes. Wall cladding systems and commercial wall construction experience is strongly preferred. Terreal North America is part of Ludowici, an industry leader in the manufacturing of architectural terra cotta building products, based in New Lexington, Ohio, since 1888.
Objective: To hire a star performer to promote, develop, sell and manage the sales and business development of Terreal North America terra cotta wall cladding products, with support from corporate office customer service personnel and technical services team, on a national basis for all market segments.
- Using the tools, resources, marketing materials, programs and facilities available; proactively manage Terreal NA’s cladding sales team and assist in contacting (new and existing prospects/customers), to introduce, remind and build awareness for Terreal North America cladding products in order to achieve, meet or exceed company defined sales and profit goals.
- Actively recruit, train and staff independent sales representative candidates/partners to fill open territories in a logically process when candidate, territory, and timing is right.
- Assist Terreal NA sales team to timely and accurately, provide budget and proposal pricing for new cladding opportunities.
- Accurately update cladding projects/forecasts in a timely manner as the cladding sales team works through the project pipeline from Conceptual to Ordered/Won using Salesforce projects, the 50-90-45-day reporting and monthly reports within Dropbox Paper.
- Work with customer/technical service team to ensure proper communication and information sharing on cladding orders are done in acceptable manner to clients from project start through successful final installation/completion. (such as installation guides, details, special requirements, blending instructions, delivery timelines, etc.).
- Generate/grow sales of Terreal NA terra cotta building products on a national basis to all market segments through regular contact and promotions with the architectural community, designers, cladding installation contractors, general contractors, etc. (via regular CEU lunch presentations, webinars, sales calls and trade show/seminar exhibitions) and other avenues.
- Develop architectural specifications for new projects based/designed around Terreal NA terra cotta building products and other key complimentary products/accessories from partner vendors/suppliers.
- Assist in seeing all cladding projects through entire budget, design, bid and construction phases in collaboration with sales team members and cladding customer service/tech team members.
- Locate and develop relationship/partnership with installation contractors capable of competitively and successfully installing Terreal NA cladding products.
- Work with the marketing manager to build a marketing plan/program for architects, designers and builders in order to meet yearly sales budgets and also to meet company growth strategies.
- Accurately report cladding sales pipeline and assist in development of regular sales forecasts/budgets in conjunction with Service Center Manager, CEO, VP of Business Development, and Director of Finance.
- Learn all product and product price structures in order to assist in quickly and accurately providing material budgets.
- Be a strong team player to all members of the Terreal, Terreal North America and Ludowici teams.
- When the need arises: Successfully recruit, hire, develop, train and manage an aggressive, independent sales rep group and local market managers to increase residential sales in strategic/key areas.
- Manage, train and improve a team of sales professionals.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing, Construction Management, Architectural Engineering, or related field.
- Must have the ability to develop and implement a business/sales plan to meet company defined budget and profit goals.
- Tracking, managing, and growing key KPI’s related to the following also required: increasing sales, sales/marketing presentations, sample requests, specifications, quote requests and installation/contractor partners.
- Ability to demonstrate strong relationships and connections (currently in place) with substantial network of architectural firms (architects and designers), cladding installation companies, and general contractors – this is a must, preferably on a national level.
- Prefer 5-7 plus years of successful architectural product sales and promotion, on national level.
- Successful track record of increasing sales and business development in specification driven construction building materials.
- Building envelop design experience (roofing experience and/or wall construction preferred).
- Ability to read, interpret and navigate plans/specifications.
- Must be self-motivated, self-sufficient, goal oriented with strong organization skills.
- Must have ability to create and deliver effective product presentations to individuals and groups.
- Experience working for a high end brand with corporate level experience a plus.
- Solid experience with Salesforce CRM, estimating software, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel) strongly preferred.
Personal Traits Required & Must Be Demonstrated:
- Driven, motivated, likeable, trustworthy, mature, excellent communication, presentation & speaking skills.
- Major metropolitan area with easy access to efficient airport (Dallas, TX preferred).
- Would also consider candidates located in Columbus or Cincinnati, OH.
- Position will be based out of either Terreal NA’s Dallas, TX Design Center, Terreal NA’s technical service center in Cincinnati, OH, or Ludowici’s corporate headquarters in New Lexington, OH.
- Significant travel required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Negotiable based on experience plus successful track record
- Includes base salary and sales commissions
- Excellent full medical benefits
- Expense account, company car
- Terreal North America Service Center & Operations Manager
Interested candidates who meet these requirements:
- Must provide cover letter outlining interest and major strengths, a resume and (3) professional references
- Please send all information to Rob Wehr ([email protected]) and Sean Hubbell ([email protected])