Ceramic Design Engineer
Ludowici, a leader in architectural terra cotta building products, is seeking a Ceramic Design Engineer that will fulfill the role of Sample, Color/Glaze and Design Coordinator for all terra cotta products. This position will work with the sales/marketing and manufacturing/production teams to assist in continuing overall company success and growth. Ludowici offers a collaborative, team environment where open discussions and sharing of information and expertise is encouraged. Ludowici has manufactured architectural terra cotta products for over 130 years. Please visit www.ludowici.com and our subsidiary company, Terreal North America, www.terrealna.com to learn more about what we do.
Objective: To hire a star performer to manage company’s sample program, color and glaze offering, offer customer design assistance, and host customer/visitors when needed.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Take over the role of sample coordinator for all facets of company’s sample program to successfully assist sales team to win terra cotta material orders/sales.
- Take over ownership of all company sample orders.
- Ensure all sample orders are produced and shipped on-time.
- Ensure all sample orders meet both customer and production expectations for quality and ability to be scaled up and produced for actual orders.
- Ensure sample order process is a success for both Ludowici/Terreal NA and customer.
- Offer suggestions that will allow for continuous improvement of the Sample Program.
- Work with sales/marketing team to ensure company color offering meets company sales objectives, market expectations, and manufacturing capabilities.
- Work with sales team to develop necessary colors to match tiles/colors on historical renovation projects.
- Work with sales and production to develop new custom colors, when needed, to meet project or designer needs for projects.
- Offer suggestions that will allow for continuous improvement of color/glaze offering.
- Assist sales team members, architects, interior designers, building/homeowners on tile and color selection needed to meet project needs.
- Work with marketing team to market and promote colors that will be acceptable to marketplace to generate product sales accurately and effectively.
- Maintain and manage the Factory of Ideas (FOI showroom/design center) to ensure its always in top notch condition to host customers – to guarantee a successful customer/visitor experience.
- Be the primary host for visitors that travel to New Lexington to see our design center (FOI) to pick out tiles and colors.
- Provide factory tours for visitors traveling to New Lexington who would like to tour our historical terra cotta tile factory.
Additional responsibilities could include:
- Assist in building a sample photograph process for every sample order that works with company platforms.
- Effective and timely communication on sample order status to sales/marketing team members so customers can be updated on status.
- Creation of documentation for the processes and procedures for all job responsibilities.
- Must be able to work in conjunction with sales team members, production team members and production team ceramic engineers.
Skills and Experience:
- Prefer bachelor’s degree in Ceramic Engineering, Material Science or related field with experience in ceramic glazing. (Examples: from pottery, brick, terra cotta or other clay-based industries)
- Excellent proactive communication skills.
- Ability to listen to customers design needs and offer an acceptable product and color solution.
- Creative and artistic – with colors and glazes.
- Ability to work with customers to develop project and product solutions.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong organization skills with self-driven personality
- Problem solving ability and desire
- Interpersonal verbal and written skills
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, with an emphasis on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in Salesforce and PowerBi – not required, but preferred
Job Type: Full time
Salary: Negotiable and based on experience plus successful track record
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, 401K and profit sharing, life insurance, short term disability, spousal coverage, paid vacation, paid holidays
- New Lexington, Ohio
- Some travel will be required.
- Potential to relocate candidate
Reports to: VP of Sales & Business Development
Interested candidates who meet these requirements:
- Must provide a resume and cover letter outlining interest and major strengths
- Must provide (3) professional references
- Please send all information to [email protected]
Ludowici Roof Tile: www.ludowici.com
Terreal North America: www.terrealna.com