Ludowici’s subsidiary, Terreal North America, a leader in terracotta claddings and sunscreen products, is seeking an estimator to assist in continuing the overall company successes and growth. Terreal North America offers a collaborative, team environment where open discussions and sharing of information and expertise is encouraged. Successful candidates should have knowledge of commercial and institutional construction drawings, specifications, and processes. Please visit www.terrealna.com to learn more.
- Assemble bid documents received from product representatives and bid document services
- Use computer based estimating takeoff software
- Perform component-based material takeoffs
- Prepare material proposals for a wide variety of projects across the U.S.
- Develop custom support framing concepts with component drawing to obtain related pricing
- Maintain relationships with current suppliers and establish new relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Contact vendors to manage standard component pricing ensuring proposals are based on current market values
- Review material takeoffs and proposals developed by others for accuracy and completeness prior to material proposal issuance.
- Maintain and update material proposal tools and forms
- Develops and issues detailed material proposals for distribution to installation contractors
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architectural Engineering, or related field
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents from architectural drawings, structural drawings, and related construction specifications.
- Strong organization skills with self-driven personality
- Problem solving ability and desire
- Interpersonal verbal and written skills
- Commercial construction experience in pre-construction services and/or estimating
- Ability to read, interpret and navigate plans and specifications
- Proficient in MS Office programs, with an emphasis on Excel and Word
- Experience and proficiency in Revit and/or AutoCAD software is considered a bonus
- Full time
- Health, dental, vision, 401K, paid Vacation, paid Holidays
- Cincinnati, Ohio
Please reply with resume and cover letter detailing relevant work experience
LUDOWICI ROOF TILE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.