Product Technical Services Advisor & Estimator
Posted on: April 1, 2020 Ludowici, a leader in terracotta roofing, claddings, sunscreen and flooring building products, is seeking a full-time product technical services advisor and estimator to assist in continuing overall company successes and growth. This product technical services role is a critical position within Ludowici. This role is responsible for providing accurate and timely material estimates for our sales team and customers while following standard company practices and procedures. Ludowici offers a collaborative, team environment where open discussions and sharing of information and expertise is encouraged. Successful candidates should have knowledge of commercial, institutional and residential construction drawings, specifications, and processes. Please visit www.ludowici.com to learn more.
- Primary responsibility will be to prepare product material estimates for roofing, wall cladding, flooring and trade good materials. This will require putting together component-based material takeoffs and writing formal pricing proposals.
- Must prepare material proposals for a wide variety of projects across the U.S. and occasionally for export market.
- Must be able to review plans, specifications, and designs with Sales/Project Management teams to highlight areas of concern.
- Must work with inner company Trade Goods Manager/Department to promote/manage standard trade good component pricing ensuring proposals include all materials company can offer.
- Must be able to review material takeoffs and proposals developed by others for accuracy and completeness prior to material proposal issuance.
- Maintain and update material proposal tools, forms, policies and procedures
- Additional responsibilities include working with the Director of Technical Services to keep all product technical support tools and documents accurate and up to date.
- Communicate with company sales representatives and external customers including building owners, contractors & architects.
- Answer technical questions regarding product information, product installation and product pricing.
- Participate in contractor training events presenting company prototypical details and assist in directing hands on training events.
- Use construction knowledge of roof, wall and floor assembly construction principles to perform takes off and build sales quotations.
- Ensure all sales quotation data is entered accurately and clearly to define the scope of the sales quotation.
- Participate in conference calls or onsite meetings with sales representative and architects as well as perspective customers regarding construction and installation detailing.
- Communicate with internal project managers and customer service department.
- Provide required product configuration information at the time the order is won so order confirmations can be sent to customer.
- Provide required submittal drawings for custom parts that require customer approval at the time the order is won.
- Participate in weekly meetings to coordinate the timing of issuing production drawings to manufacturing department for orders requiring custom parts.
- Coordinate projects with custom parts with production supervisors and manufacturing department contacts to ensure project remains on schedule and is successfully manufactured.
- Produce timely and accurate production drawings for custom parts.
- Communicate with manufacturing department contacts to ensure their understanding of production drawings.
- When needed, attend project jobsites, attend pre-construction meetings and then follow-up visits with written observation and technical reports.
- 2-4 years experience in an estimating role working with building materials and in the construction industry (Preferred)
- Strong interpersonal verbal and written skills
- Salesforce CRM and Dynamics 365 software platform (Preferred)
- Experience and proficiency in Revit and/or AutoCAD software (Preferred)
- Planswift computer estimating software (Preferred)
- Experience with steep slope roofing estimates, wall cladding material estimates and flooring estimates needed.
- Must have an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Architecture, Drafting or related technical field
- Must have the ability to read and interpret construction documents from architectural drawings, structural drawings, and related construction specifications.
- Must have experience with a computer based estimating takeoff software
- Must have strong organization skills with self-driven personality
- Must have assemble, develop and issue material bid/quote documents from information received from sales representatives, customers, roofers, distributors and bid document services in order to meet pricing/bid deadlines
- Must have Commercial/Residential construction experience in pre-construction services and/or estimating
- Must have the ability to read, interpret and navigate plans and specifications
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, with an emphasis on Excel and Word
- Must maintain and build strong relationships with current sales reps, showroom teams, material suppliers and customers by meeting quote/estimate demands and deadlines.
- Must be willing to work extra hours as required by business need
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to be strong team member
- Must develop and maintain a positive “can-do” attitude concerning the job, the estimating department, other departments and our company with both customers, sales teams and fellow employees.
- Must meet sales and customer driven deadlines for material proposals
- Must pay close attention to detail with a strong focus on accuracy
- Full time
- Health, dental, vision, 401K, paid Vacation, paid Holidays
- Multiple locations for position include: New Lexington, Ohio – Dallas, Texas – Cincinnati, Ohio
- Some travel will be required.
Please reply with resume and cover letter detailing relevant work experience
LUDOWICI ROOF TILE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.